Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day #6 & Day #7

I think my brain is about to explode!! In a good way, that is... :)
I met with the sweet photographer chick today. She answered all my questions and then some! We practiced a few shots outdoors, then indoors with her super awesome studio lighting and then on to Photoshop Elements to teach me a few tricks and tips! We also talked about posing, accessories, backdrops, raw files, different lighting options... oh my! I'm so grateful for her graciousness! Now I need to process it all and PRACTICE! My mind is set on getting some studio lighting. I can't believe the awesomeness of it! lol She recommended DiscountTommys.com for some good, yet affordable products. She helped me photoshop that 'auto retake' picture of my stinky. Here it is:



So, I've been getting a lot of good outdoors time lately. It's totally got me on a natural high. I love it. Been to Belton lake twice this week. Can't believe such beauty is found so close to this unpretty town. Which leads me to my Day #6 photo:

3/22 - Day #6 - We went to Belton again. I just HAD to put my toes in the water. I love water, birds, trees and pretty skies. Belton has all that and more. Can't wait to spend more time there!



3/23 - Day #7 - Wow! My first [candid] shot of Joey under studio lights! :) I'm totally going to get some... Played with my new photoshop program on this one. Boy do I have a lot to learn. ;-)



Yeah, it took me about an hour to photoshop this picture. It's soooo different than any program I've ever played with. My goal is to cut my editing time down to 40 min. next time. haha!

Until next time...
xo

1 comment: